A bit of qualifications, it’s a 47K mile 1 proprietor vehicle that has been seemed right after really nicely, looks to be in outstanding condition. This was the PO’s 2nd Product S and he reported he was heading to replace it with an additional which is a terrific endorsement. It will be my daily driver for a commute of 40 miles and typical journeys, it will also be my complete time wintertime driver which signifies it will have to survive MN winters. I like to wrench on my possess autos and prepare to do the similar right here wherever probable. I enjoy cars, its a hobby/weak point and have owned all around 55 and over 50 motorcycles in my time. The closest I have gotten to an electrical was a 2007 Lexus GS450h that I ran a several yrs back again, a vehicle that I seriously liked.
I picked the P85D up 5 days back and have driven it shut to 200 miles so far, need to be much more but we experienced a busy weekend . I also gave it a superior thoroughly clean inside and out this weekend. I like performing this with all my purchases, not only mainly because you clear out and wipe down the entire vehicle (I am a bit of a clear freak when it arrives to my vehicle, not into detailing and polished but loathe a filthy car particularly the inside of). I also come across a great thoroughly clean and hand clean usually finds a couple blemishes/concerns to resolve.
I have driven a P100D a pair of a long time ago so really don’t have a whole lot of seat time in a Tesla. Below are my very early impressions:
1. Appreciate how rather it is and even on the 21 inch wheels it rides incredibly well with terrific suspension compliance (mine is conventional non air journey spec).
2. Indeed its stupidly speedy when you want it to be, on the other hand you can run it in Chill manner if you want to consider it uncomplicated and never want the aggressive throttle mapping.
3. Whilst that is a ton of area in the cabin, there is a disappointing absence of storage/cubbys. Not far too negative for me but something my spouse commented that she didn’t like as she quoted “I have a large amount of stuff stashed in my car”
4. I’m actually liking the 1 pedal driving method, I can see how brakes previous endlessly and with any luck , the nice alloys remain cleaner for a longer period.
5. Waiting around to get an electrician around to fit a 240v socket, plugging it into a 120 socket offers 4 miles/hr charge which is wonderful for me at the second.
6. Autopilot with Autosteer is fantastic on the freeway but has its limitation on usual streets. I experienced an challenge exactly where on a slight curve the single lane split into 2 for a correct transform, the auto veered to the correct adhering to the strains on the street, so you have to be quite thorough. One thing that issues me if my little ones generate it with the thought “it’s a self driving car”. I totally get that my automobile is an early AP1 motor vehicle, however most folks have no thought there are discrepancies and imagine all Teslas are self driving
7. I have discovered what I would class as more than appropriate wind sound from the passenger facet, I want to sit in the passenger seat to discover the source of the sounds, it seems to me like it is coming from the higher A pillar region. Almost nothing is evident however on examining the passenger rear window it sits very pleased of the seal. As with most frameless windows you can regulate the runners that the glass slides on (to proficiently pull in the glass or press it out), if you seem at the base of the doorway there are 2 rubber plugs, getting rid of these offers you obtain to the adjuster, slacken the 10mm nut and slide the base of the rail in or out. Mine is on the greatest adjustment, so a minor much more finagling is desired, there is a YouTube of an Auzzy man who had a equivalent concern and with a very little perseverance resolved his concern, I prepare to do the exact in the next number of weeks.
8. Sunroof wont completely open, it just cracks open a lot less than ½ inch and stops. On the take a look at travel this worked great when the PO demonstrated it, so just my luck its participating in up now. Experimented with it frequently the weekend and managed to open it once. Doesn’t look to be a on line consensus or correct so I have it booked into a assistance centre following 7 days.
9. The Tesla App seems to randomly struggle to connect to the motor vehicle, this weekend I finished a monitor reset and a electrical power down, its doing the job these days so I will see how that goes. I have also seen in some cases the Application will open up nonetheless it doesn’t clearly show the internal temp of the motor vehicle. If I turn the climate on then the temps shows after a 2nd or 2. If I then close the app and open up it again the temp is there.
10. A several periods I have gotten in the car and even though the touchscreen is on the dash has not woken up, I’ve been repairing it by pressing the fob to lock and unlock, now I just waited and it probably took all-around 10 seconds but it seemed like a very long time, it’s possible there is a trick to waking that I am unaware of.
11. I found when I washed it that one of the front sensors would seem misaligned to the bumper, so I’ll get the bumper off and take care of that, it will work fantastic, I just seems odd on close inspection.
12. Lastly a bit of an odd one, I cant entry the house owners handbook in the automobile, I can open up the chapters and pages but they are blank, I haven’t seemed into this still online but if there is no clear take care of I’ll get the services heart to look at it.
So in summary I’m really liking the vehicle and hope to address a several of the slight niggles. The bizarre point about it is that it feels like no other auto to deal with when you have concerns. It feels like your correcting a computer extra that a mechanical car. Perhaps a few of my challenges are due to the PO undertaking a manufacturing unit reset just right before I gathered it as it appeared to perform fantastic during the examination travel. So additional to arrive as I get to expertise this wonderful car or truck.